RT2012: a stricter regulation on water treatment
This regulation entered into force on 1st January 2013 and stipulates that new buildings have to reduce their consumption of primary energy by 2 to 4. Its aim is to save 150 billion kWh and to reduce the CO2 present in the atmosphere from 13 to 35 million tons for 2020.
Arionic partners with Schneider Electric to offer a solution with a low cost of installation that reduces gas consumption for domestic hot water and water heating by 20%.
The new regulation RT2012 requests new buildings to comply with three priority requirements:
• limiting primary energy consumption (in kWhEP)
• optimizing the design of the frames regardless of any implemented energy system
• limiting overheating during summer season
This regulation only applies to new frames. However the building sector (i.e. all existing buildings) consumes 42.5% of the available final energy.
How can existing constructions benefit from innovations for energy consumption reduction and then participate more extensively in the savings targets for 2020?
There are two solutions available today:
• acting directly on the frames by modifying the windows and facades insulation
• shifting to sustainable energies for heat and hot water production. These are two expensive options that are often unprofitable regarding potential savings that could be made.
Arionic partnered with Schneider Electric to offer an innovating solution to reduce gas consumption by 20% without affecting the frames and at a lower cost. This solution is based on a magnetic device, the New Ionic Catalyser and an intelligent regulation brought by Schneider Electric that relies on a local meteorological real-time data-collecting sensor network and pilots the boiler according to needs.
Thus, the boiler heating curve and its functioning are adjusted in real time. This system optimizes boiler houses gas consumption for existing installations and it also enables significant savings to be made, with a very short investment payback period.
As part of the Paris Region Lab’s call for proposals “Energy efficiency in buildings , the testing will provide a validation of the percentage of potential gas savings with the New Ionic Catalyser (about 10%) and with the regulation (10%) for a total gain of 20%.
Source: Usine Nouvelle n°3351